Best Small Rice Cooker – Panasonic
From Panasonic, one of the leaders in small appliance technology comes a rice cooker that is ideal for single people and small families. Panasonic SR 1-1/2 Rice Cooker is perfect for singles and couples who are always on the go and do not need the hassle of experimenting with how to traditionally cook rice. With a rice cooker, it makes things easier and allows you to do other things while the rice is being cooked automatically. While there are a lot of rice cookers in the same category, this Panasonic model stands out of the others because of some important features.
- Non-stick – The cooking pan is aluminum that is heavily coated to make sure that it is stick-free making the pan very easy to clean.
- See-through lid – This model comes with a tempered glass top cover to let you see what is going on with your rice when cooking. This makes monitoring easier and can let you anticipate when the rice is fully cooked.
- Auto-on and off feature – This automatic feature helps you save on electricity because the rice cooker automatically turns off when the rice is fully cooked.
- Indicator light – The indicator light helps you know even from a distance if the rice cooker is still cooking the rice. It can help in case you want to add something or to steam food on top of the rice while it is being cooked.
- Low power consumption – The benefit of using a small rice cooker with not so many features helps in saving electricity.
One of the best things going for this Panasonic rice cooker is its basic operation that suits the needs of most small families. It is perfect for one to three persons and does the job required of it in a fairly easy manner. It has no fancy features that most of the time makes the unit expensive. It is ideal for single people who are always on the go and wants to make sure at the same time that everything is consumed so no stale rice is left in the house. Lastly, the durability of this model is something that should be highlighted. I will do its job over and over again and therefore can last for years.
The only glaring disadvantage that can be mentioned about this rice cooker model is the absence of a warmer or keep warm feature. But since it is meant for a single serving of rice each time, it may not really be necessary and can only serve to add to the price in most cases.
If you are looking for a rice cooker that has basic features and can remain functional for years, then Panasonic SR 1-1/2 Rice Cooker is the best small rice cooker for you. It has received outstanding reviews from a lot of customers both online and offline so it only goes to show that it is perfect for the kind of job it is tasked to do.